Asia Division, Internship Opportunity (Unpaid)
American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The ABA Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) is currently seeking an intern for its Asia Division. The intern will work on the day to day management of an exchange program, with a specific focus on producing outreach and communications articles and materials. Additionally, the intern will support the Asia Division on its current grant programs and in the development of new proposals.
- Drafting of outreach articles and development of promotional materials.
- Assisting in the development and operation of training programs.
- Corresponding with and handling requests of ABA ROLI representatives overseas.
- Assisting in grant proposal development.
- Providing administrative support to the division.
- Graduate student, or undergraduate with relevant background.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- A background in international development and journalism or communications is highly desirable.
- Some knowledge of Asian history, geography, politics and languages spoken in the region is helpful.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.