Legal Education Advisor, Egypt (Consultant)
American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks a Legal Education Advisor (LEA) to coordinate technical assistance to law schools, including training and other technical guidance. S/he will be based in Cairo, Egypt.
- Provide technical assistance to an ABA ROLI supported legal clinic affiliated with an Egyptian university;
- Coordinate and work with ABA ROLI’s Egypt Country Director;
- Facilitate exchanges between Egyptian and foreign law faculties;
- Support the development of national, regional, and international networks of legal clinics, research centers, and professionals dedicated to legal education reform;
- Work to institutionalize linkages and collaborations between law schools and the greater legal and civil society community.
- 10 years of experience as a law school administrator, professor, clinical professor, or as a continuing legal education program manager or trainer;
- At least 3-5 years practical experience in participatory teaching methodologies, curriculum, and course development.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.