Program Director, Montenegro (Consultant)
American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative seeks a Director for an anticipated program to support legal reform and civil society capacity building, for duration of up to 18 months. This will be a full-time position based in Podgorica, Montenegro, with occasional travel throughout the country.
The Director will manage technical assistance activities to support civil society capacity development, with an emphasis on creating grassroots momentum for legal reforms. Program activities will include managing a subgrant competition and administering subsequent small grants, providing capacity building training, and monitoring and evaluating capacity development of local NGOs.
The Director will lead the Program in some or all of the following areas:
- Provide overall field responsibility.
- Manage relations with donors and counterparts.
- Develop and implement long- and short-term strategies, work plans, and activities.
- Manage international and local staff.
- Support technical activities, including training.
- Conduct financial oversight.
- Provide administrative, logistical, and financial support related to the program.
- Advanced degree in a related field (i.e. law, international relations etc)
- Prior experience with the Montenegrin justice system and civil society capacity building.
- Strong managerial skills.
- Fluency in English
- Previous experience with U.S. government programs.
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.